LightBlog

lundi 20 juillet 2015

Spotify Rolls Out New ‘Discover Weekly’ Playlist

SpotifyLogo

Spotify has announced a new feature to its music streaming service called ‘Discover Weekly’, aimed at helping users quickly and easily find new music. Discover Weekly is a two-hour playlist, which automatically updates every Monday, and is based upon both your listening habits as well as the habits of other users who listen to similar artists, essentially creating a “mixtape” of sorts. Spotify claims that Discover Weekly will automatically adapt as your musical tastes evolve, and the more you use Spotify, the more relevant the curations from the software-based algorithm will become. Discover Weekly will start rolling out to all users on every platform starting today, and you can find it conveniently placed at the top of your saved playlists.

DiscoverWeekly1 DiscoverWeeklyMain DiscoverWeeklyPlaylist

Looking through my own Discover Weekly playlist, I can already see what Spotify is getting at. Admittedly, I haven’t used the Spotify service too much over the last couple of months, so my playlist is curated based around the few tracks I have listened to, and I already see similar artists in the same genre popping up, as well as artists I’ve not yet been exposed to. For example, I do remember using Spotify one night last week to bring up a few alternative rock tracks from the late 1980’s and 1990’s, such as those from the likes of Goo Goo Dolls, Living Colour, Dramarama, Alice in Chains, and the Meat Puppets. In my playlist, I see such artists as Bush, Queens of the Stone Age, Fozzy, and Stone Sour…artists that are not entirely from the same eras, but do represent those that a person with a similar music taste would listen to. I’ve also listened to a few tracks from newer mainstream hard rock acts, such as Killswitch Engage, which has added tracks from such artists as Three Days Grace, Hellyeah, Powerman 5000, and Rev Theory. A lot of these suggestions wouldn’t normally adhere to my personal music taste, but then again, I haven’t used Spotify as a main source of music consumption for quite some time. I have no doubt that the selections on this playlist would be better tailored to me had I been doing so, so Discover Weekly appears to work quite well.

Discover Weekly, along with a host of other new features that Spotify has been rolling out, is indicative of the competition that’s heating up between music streaming services as of late, and this latest addition to the service appears to be a direct answer to Apple Music’s Beats 1 Radio. Here at the XDA portal, we’ll have a comprehensive look at the popular music streaming services later on in the week.



from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1OsAonr
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire